30. Her Majesty is the monarch to 14 nations along with the U.Okay. She can also be Head of Commonwealth, which consists of 54 nations.
31. But these aren’t her solely roles. She additionally holds the titles of Head of State, Head of Nation, Head of Armed Forces, Sovereign of the Garter, Defender of the Faith and Supreme Governor of the Church of England amongst others.
32. As Head of State, Her Majesty should keep impartial on political issues. Therefore, she would not vote or stand for election. Although, because the royal household’s website explains, the monarch does have ceremonial and formal roles regarding the U.Okay. authorities, like opening new classes of Parliament and approving orders and proclamations by way of the Privy Council. She can even appoint a first-rate minster and meet with her or him recurrently.
33. In May 2021, the queen opened Parliament for the 67th time—having opened it yearly of her reign besides 1959 and 1963 (when she was pregnant and anticipating Prince Andrew and Prince Edward).
34. Audiences, or one-on-one conferences, are a part of Her Majesty’s job. According to the royal household’s website, there are greater than 170 ambassadors and excessive commissioners in London at any given time, and the monarch may have an viewers with each shortly after the person has assumed the function. She additionally has a weekly viewers with the prime minister wherein they talk about authorities issues.
35. By 2016, the queen had held more than 660 investitures (an occasion that awards honors to people for his or her achievements, bravery or companies to the U.Okay. and British oversea territories).
36. Her Majesty has greater than 600 patronages.
37. Her reign hasn’t been utterly without criticism. After Princess Diana’s loss of life in 1997, as an example, Her Majesty confronted public criticism for initially staying at her Balmoral Castle in Scotland, as an alternative of returning to London, and for initially not flying the British flag at half-mast, which did not occur till the day of Diana’s funeral. The monarch later addressed the Princess of Wales’ loss of life in a televised assertion.
“I admired and revered her for her vitality and dedication to others,” she stated partially, “and particularly to her devotion to her two boys.”